We over at AGLM love community. An important part of building community is getting to know one another. When you get to know someone, you learn the serious and silly. The deep and the superficial. Because to love someone is to love all of them and see Jesus in every area of their lives.
We also love to talk real over here. To go deep and and share the raw honest truths and darkness that live inside each of us. However, we also love to laugh. We love to make jokes, pull pranks, be girly and sometimes do things just because they are fun. For as much as we need to go deep with one another, we also need to laugh. To be ok talking about the things that make us who we are, that aren’t so serious.
I wanted to do that with you. After two and half years, there are still a lot of things we don’t know about each other. Things you don’t know about me.
So here is a list of some of my dirty little secrets. Things you might not know that I love and do, but will allow you to know me better and make our relationship together grow deeper.
I don’t share these often, so consider yourselves lucky. 😉
1. I bite my nails. When I’m nervous, bored, anxious…chomp chomp. Been doing it since I was five and don’t foresee me breaking the habit anytime soon.
2. I love, Love, LOVE Disney made for TV movies. All three High School Musicals, Camp Rock, Radio Rebel, Teen Beach Movie, Starstruck, Geek Charming….seen em all….multiple times. I even used to sneak and watch HSM at work when no one was watching. I’m a sucker for a good musical.
3. I talk to myself a lot. When I’m angry at someone or am going to go chat with someone or have a meeting, I’ll rehearse what I want to say with myself (usually while alone in the car driving) and it helps me focus. Maybe I’m crazy, but it’s effective for me.
4. I am 1/4 Italian. The one quarter I am, tends to show up in three little dark rogue hairs that occasionally show up on my chin. So not feminine. So gross, and so worth the four dollars I spent on a good pair of tweezers. Eyebrows aren’t the only thing that need plucked sometimes.
5. I had a crush on a character in a movie so badly that I wrote to the actor who played him. I then fantasized for six months about us becoming pen pals, then friends, then married and then we’d live happily ever after forever. I was twelve. He never wrote me back. Punk.
6. I can’t dance. I mean AT ALL. When I try, I end up looking like a baby giraffe that had just been born. Lots of long flailing limbs flying around in a fit of chaos. It’s bad girls. Real bad.
7. In 8th grade I used to lie that I had my period so the other girls wouldn’t know I hadn’t gotten it yet. I used to even fake that I had cramps. So dorky. The things we do to feel accepted.
8. When I was eight I accidentally broke the bedpost off of my bed because I was pretending it was Tom Cruise and we were dancing together. When he, (the bed post Tom Cruise) was pretend dipping me, the bed post snapped. It was so embarrassing having to tell my parents what happened.
9. I used to sing really loud every day on my walk to and from school. I used to think that maybe someone in my neighborhood was a famous talent scout and maybe they’d hear my singing and want to make me famous. Yes, I had a vivid imagination growing up.
10. I was OBSESSED with New Kids On the Block (boy band) as a kid. When they had their reunion tour a few years ago with the Backstreet Boys, one of my good friends and I went, and I MAY have screamed like a little fangirl and I MAY have yelled a couple of times that I loved Donny Whalberg. MAY have. It was loud, and no one can prove anything. 😉
So those are some of my dirty little secrets that I hope will let you know a little more about who I am, and maybe make us a little closer as AGLM gal pals. Now it’s your turn. Let’s get to know each other. What are some of YOUR dirty little secrets??