Rest

January 25, 2013 by A Girl Like Me

I have some dear friends who were in a band called Nevertheless. They wrote a song, that although it has been several years since it was written, still speaks to my heart in a profound way. May you let the words pour over your soul like soothing rain, and may you simply find rest.

REST

By: Nevertheless

Hey where have you been?
Where did you go? Looking for innocence?
Shame is holding you down, selling you out, won’t you come back again?

‘Cause you’ve found a way to go on for days, pretending to live
But you are not ok, with all of that weight, you need to give up

Come now just let it go, let it fall down, let it all flow like
The water that’s rushing in over your soul ’til there’s nothing left
Won’t you come to me and rest?

Hey I know that you’re scared to look in my eyes,
When you know that something’s wrong
I’ll wait as long as it takes, for you to find grace, it’s been here all along

‘Cause you’ve found a way to go on for days, pretending to live
But you are not ok, with all of that weight, you need to give up

Come now just let it go, let it fall down, let it all flow like
The water that’s rushing in over your soul ’til there’s nothing left
Won’t you come to me as you are

Dirty and broken with all of the scars, from all the unspoken
With all the words that you wanted to say but you locked them away inside

Come now just let it go, let it fall down, let it all flow like
The water that’s rushing in over your soul ’til there’s nothing left
Come now just let it go, let it fall down, let it all flow like
The water that’s rushing in over your soul ’til there’s nothing left
Won’t you come to me and rest?

Listen here: Rest

10 thoughts on “Rest

Hey Heather, guess what my one word was for this year? Yup, “rest”. :) Love it. Thanks

2. Jane says:

Oh my goodness…sitting here sobbing while I listen to this. Literally crying so hard. I know exactly what it’s like to “[find] a way to go on for days, pretending to live.”

3. Sr. Mary Paul says:

Thanks for that

4. purpleandblueswirls says:

That’s a great song. I need to learn to rest in Christ.
    Thanks

5. I really like this song. Both the lyrics and the music are pleasing to my ears. :)

6. Joy Comes in the Morning says:

This is a beautiful song! Thank you for introducing it to me.

7. feliflower says:

Reblogged this on feliflower and commented:
    Our souls surely need rest!

8. Rachel Heiks says:

Oh my gosh! I used to love love love nevertheless bring back memories. the song is beautiful. didn’t waste anytime picking up my guitar and learning it ^^