We’re Baaaaaaack!!

January 4, 2013 by A Girl Like Me

child-very-excited

We are back and we couldn’t be more excited!! We’ve been well rested and are ready to gear up for the next year and the next phase of what God would have for us. We’ve talked and prayed through a lot of decisions on how to make this the best year for us AGLMers and that means that there are going to be a few changes made. Now don’t start getting nervous girlies, we promise they are all going to be great, and even if they don’t seem like it at the time…we know you’ll grow to love it. So let’s break it down for you, shall we.

1. Weekly posts only done by Kelly or Heather: What does this mean? Well, initially, Heather wrote every Tuesday and Kelly every Thursday. Now it means Heather writes all the posts for one week and Kelly writes all for the next. The change came because we felt like it was a little too taxing on us personally to find something to write each week. We feel this way gives us more time to engage in the word and really see what God would have us say.

2. Friday “Focus” day: We really want to make sure that when we write, we are giving you, and us, time to really think on what the Lord is saying. For that reason, Tuesdays are our general post days, and Friday will kind of be like a follow up to Tuesday. Maybe giving a bit more insight, scripture, a devotion we read, a message to listen to, etc. It’s a way to help us focus in and maybe go even deeper than we already have into the topic.

3. More Glitz: We know our page is a little..well..bland, and that’s why we gave it this minor facelift. We have been for quite a while working on a really great looking site, but these things take time gals, and we are slow-pokes. But beyond that, we are going to work harder to add more things like pictures, songs, videos and more to make it not so wordy and more appealing to you visual types.

4. Bible Studies: We believe the Scriptures are active and living and relevant to today. We also believe that most people our age have no idea how to really study the Bible and get everything out of it that they can. We want to be able to help you (and us) overcome that hurdle by doing a series of posts where we dig into a particular passage of scripture or story and really see what it means. God gave us His word to draw nearer to him, so lets do that, but in our own AGLM style.

5. More topical series: Thanks to those of you who answered the survey, we are going to continue to do series where we hone in on one topic and really dig down deep into it. We have all of your suggestions, we just need time to put it together and map it all out.

That’s all we have for now, but there is still so much more we are working on and talking through. So please, continue to be patient with us as we sort and sift through all your ideas and concerns so that we can serve you in the best way possible. We do have some pretty huge, awesome, terrifying and exciting news that we hope to share with you all as soon as we can, so keep your peepers open for that.

Ok girls, we love you. We’ve missed you. And we are so pumped to do 2013 with you. Woop Woop!!! See you on Tuesday!!!

23 thoughts on “We’re Baaaaaaack!!

1. I like :) They all sound great!!

2. Gina says:

I’m so excited to see what the Bible studies may bring. Thanks for doing this!

3. Rebekah W. says:

Super excited!! We’ve missed you both! :)

It all sounds really good!

5. Stef says:

can’t wait!!! :) ;)

6. Ariel says:

I’m new to AGLM, but I’ve loved reading back through past posts–some of them are favorited on my laptop! Thank you so much for the encouragement and instruction you give to us girls, Kelly and Heather! These changes sound wonderful and I’m so excited! I can’t wait to see them unfold this new year! God bless you both! :)

7. Linda says:

Can’t wait! Missed you ladies!

8. Hanna says:

Awesomeness!! Looking forward to the new year with AGLM :D

9. Kristen says:

I can’t wait to see what God has in store for 2013!!

I was just thinking this morning about you girls and wondering when I was going to see another post and ta-da!! Woke up to this:) couldn’t be happier—looking forward to seeing all the new things you have planned for this year!!!

11. Mechelle Henderson says:

Just in case this is not a reply address, I will keep it short & to the point: GOOD MOVE! Less frequent posts will keep everyone “wanting more” plus give you the time to simmer ideas with the result of better topics & posts…plus a hearty AMEN to the Bible Studies. I will keep yall in prayer.

12. Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!! I missed you guys!!!!!! <3 Can't wait to hear the big news!!!! :)) <3 <3 <3

13. Sarah says:

Yay! Can’t wait to read more! :)

14. Cynthia says:

I can’t wait ; )

15. vika says:

I’m very excited that you guys are BACK!!!! You guys are very inspirational to me!!!!!!

16. Emily says:

Hey Ladies! I found you this morning after purchasing tickets for your husbands’ show in Fargo, ND. I’m so excited read more from you! Thank you for being REAL and letting females of all ages share their stories and inspire us with your posts during both struggling and happy times in our lives. Keep up the great work and know you are making a difference!! God Bless.

17. abstract says:

For most recent news you have to visit the web and
    on world-wide-web I found this web page as a most excellent web site for most
    up-to-date updates.

18. I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today.

19. rubber bands says:

Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this web page regularly, this web site is actually good and the people are truly sharing pleasant thoughts.

20. Sydney property is set for a year of price increases in 2012 thanks to low interest rates
    and strong demand from a booming economy. (Richard Sims, owner of 450 plus
    apartment units in Georgia). For this purpose you should have deeper knowledge and updates about those
    properties like you can choose foreclosures, fixer uppers,
    starter homes, low down payment properties, condominiums, small apartment buildings
    or other type of real estate.

21. web site says:

Link exchange is nothing else bbut it is just placing the ther person’s webpage
    link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do similar for you.

22. Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this website needs a lot more attention.
    I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!

23. Abby says:

Thanks in favor of sharing such a niuce idea, post
    is nice, thats why i have read it completely