January 4, 2013 by A Girl Like Me
We are back and we couldn’t be more excited!! We’ve been well rested and are ready to gear up for the next year and the next phase of what God would have for us. We’ve talked and prayed through a lot of decisions on how to make this the best year for us AGLMers and that means that there are going to be a few changes made. Now don’t start getting nervous girlies, we promise they are all going to be great, and even if they don’t seem like it at the time…we know you’ll grow to love it. So let’s break it down for you, shall we.
1. Weekly posts only done by Kelly or Heather: What does this mean? Well, initially, Heather wrote every Tuesday and Kelly every Thursday. Now it means Heather writes all the posts for one week and Kelly writes all for the next. The change came because we felt like it was a little too taxing on us personally to find something to write each week. We feel this way gives us more time to engage in the word and really see what God would have us say.
2. Friday “Focus” day: We really want to make sure that when we write, we are giving you, and us, time to really think on what the Lord is saying. For that reason, Tuesdays are our general post days, and Friday will kind of be like a follow up to Tuesday. Maybe giving a bit more insight, scripture, a devotion we read, a message to listen to, etc. It’s a way to help us focus in and maybe go even deeper than we already have into the topic.
3. More Glitz: We know our page is a little..well..bland, and that’s why we gave it this minor facelift. We have been for quite a while working on a really great looking site, but these things take time gals, and we are slow-pokes. But beyond that, we are going to work harder to add more things like pictures, songs, videos and more to make it not so wordy and more appealing to you visual types.
4. Bible Studies: We believe the Scriptures are active and living and relevant to today. We also believe that most people our age have no idea how to really study the Bible and get everything out of it that they can. We want to be able to help you (and us) overcome that hurdle by doing a series of posts where we dig into a particular passage of scripture or story and really see what it means. God gave us His word to draw nearer to him, so lets do that, but in our own AGLM style.
5. More topical series: Thanks to those of you who answered the survey, we are going to continue to do series where we hone in on one topic and really dig down deep into it. We have all of your suggestions, we just need time to put it together and map it all out.
That’s all we have for now, but there is still so much more we are working on and talking through. So please, continue to be patient with us as we sort and sift through all your ideas and concerns so that we can serve you in the best way possible. We do have some pretty huge, awesome, terrifying and exciting news that we hope to share with you all as soon as we can, so keep your peepers open for that.
Ok girls, we love you. We’ve missed you. And we are so pumped to do 2013 with you. Woop Woop!!! See you on Tuesday!!!