An Attitude of Gratitude

November 21, 2012 by A Girl Like Me

Here it is….Thanksgiving. The day we all gather around a table filled with food that will surely kill us if we consumed all of it. Football is playing in the background, and Grandpa is passed out in his favorite recliner. You’re heading to the table to begin the festivities when the reality of what is about to happen hits you. In about five minutes you are about to enter into the forced “go around and say what you are thankful for” task looming at the dinner table. For some of you, you know exactly what you’d say. Some of you will get emotional and cry over the blessings life has brought to you while others of you would try and be humorous, just to get the process over with. And then there are those of you who will be stumped, having seemingly nothing to be grateful for at all.

So with this day fast approaching us all, may we give you one simple thing to be grateful for: Christ. Yes, cliche, but really, isn’t He all we really need to be grateful for in the first place? So…..you have the best year ever with blessings abounding..who do you think allowed for those blessings to be poured out? So…..life has been a little awkward and in need of good comedy, but who do you think gave you those humorous moments in the first place? And yes, life may be at a place where all seems lost but the glimmering hope that you’ll still be alive tomorrow, but who is the one breaking your heart only so He can mend it again with his love and grace? That’s right chicas, Jesus Christ himself. He is the giver of all things and so in all things, good or bad, he is worthy of our grace and praise.

When tomorrow comes and you are all gathered around your table about to feast, and your palms begin to sweat as you struggle to find the words to express your gratitude, may one name roll off your lips…Jesus.

9 thoughts on “An Attitude of Gratitude

1. Winter says:

“There’s a roof up above me, I’ve a good place to sleep…there’s food on my table, and shoes on my feet…You gave me Your love Lord, and a fine family….thank You Lord for Your blessings on me!” ~one of the best songs of all time!

2. KhindraLeigh says:

Just what I needed to hear! Thanks again!

Nothing to say but AMEN to this post:)

4. Rebekah W. (there's more than one Rebekah on here) haha says:

I’m one of the stumped ones. It’s not that I’m not thankful, mind you. But the conection between my heart and lips is almost nonexistant. Really cool post. :) Thank-you for the reminder, may I always be thankful for Jesus.

5. Laurie says:

As I’m once again alone I will say thanks over my Cheerios first for that big family that you say we all have……then for my blessings!

6. I’m thankful for the smile that creeps up on my face whenever I see a post by Kelly, Heather, or any of the TAN men.

You really make my day sometimes. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Much love to you!

Kelly (yeah, my name is Kelly, too. Haha :) )

7. Dani says:

The one thing that really struck me this thanksgiving was how grateful I am to really know that my parents love me. Some people don’t have that, so I am really thankful that I know without question that my parents love me.

8. Talitha K says:

So simple, yet so profound… Amen! :)

"Pain kept hidden kills the soul. Pain revealed sets the soul free."
What are you keeping hidden today? New post on the blog. Link in profile. “Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." Hosea 2:14 No matter how far you've wandered, God will always seek to draw you back to Himself. Let Him romance you today. #mondaystruth Guess who now has a snapchat!! WE DO!!!!! Follow us: agirlikeme