June 10, 2012 by agirlikemee
Well here we are. Thirty days ago in this post some of you embarked on a journey with me. A journey to discover if we were more. I asked you to write the phrase “I am more than what I see” on your mirror and leave it up for thirty days. The goal was to determine if we could see that phrase every time we looked in the mirror, would the truth of it change how we saw ourselves. And today is the day we decide that.
The struggle to accept who we really are in Christ is, I feel, a life long journey. But every journey starts with a step. These past thirty days was one such step. For me, it didn’t bring about any huge conclusions, but reaffirmed in me some long known truths. So here is what I learned these past thirty days:
- I am more than a cute outfit w/ good hair and makeup
- I am more than those extra stubborn little lbs I’d love to lose
- I am more than the girl that was in my past
- I am more than the things others say about me
- I am more than the mean things I say and the way I can hurt others
- I am more than my fears, my hopes, my insecurities, and my pride
I AM MORE
So what am I then?????
I AM HIS
That is what these thirty days has affirmed in me. There will be days I still choose to believe I am the things I am not, but hopefully I will now have the strength to battle past the lies and speak God’s truth over me. For those of you who had not been able to join us in this venture, it’s never too late to try it out. And for those of you who had, I know Kelly and I would love to hear about the ways that the Lord has shown you that you are more than what you see in these past thirty days. So…I guess the question is…. ARE YOU MORE? I know I am.